ACT Training Awards
About the awards
The ACT Training Awards is an annual opportunity to showcase the commitment, innovation and outstanding achievements of all those involved in the ACT vocational education and training (VET) sector.
The awards encompass the opportunity to recognise and reward the success of individuals and organisations in the ACT across 14 categories. Winners in aligned categories will go on to compete for national success at the Australian Training Awards.
Nominations for the 2020 ACT Training Awards are now open.
Nominations for the 2020 ACT Training Awards are proceeding as planned. We are exploring options to conduct the finalist interviews and presentation event using a digital platform and will provide further information as it becomes available. In the meantime, nominate your students, trainers, apprentices, employers and registered training organisations! Nominations for the Awards close at 5pm on Thursday 7 May 2020.
- 2020 ACT Training Awards - Nomination Guide - Individuals (Online) or (PDF 4.77MB)
- 2020 ACT Training Awards - Nomination Guide - Organisations (Online) or (PDF 3.71MB)
- Nominations open: Tuesday 3 March 2020
- Nominations close: 5:00pm Thursday 7 May 2020
- Finalists notified: Late May/early June 2020
- Finalist interviews: Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July 2020
- Ticket sales open: Early August 2020
- Ticket sales close: Thursday 3 September 2020 (unless sold out prior)
- Presentation evening: Thursday 10 September 2020
- Australian Training Awards presentation event: Friday 20 November 2020
- ACT Apprentice of the Year
- ACT Trainee of the Year
- ACT Vocational Student of the Year
- ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- ACT Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year
- ACT VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year
- Norm Fisher Award
- John Scott Memorial Award
- ACT Small Employer of the Year
- ACT Medium Employer of the Year
- ACT Large Employer of the Year
- ACT Industry Collaboration
- ACT Small Training Provider of the Year
- ACT Large Training Provider of the Year
Nominations for the 2020 Australian Training Awards direct entry categories are open until 31 May 2020. For more information please visit the Australian Training Awards website.
Submit your entry using the following links to the Australian Training Awards website:
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice
- National Achievement Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Registered Training Organisation Awards
The ACT Training Awards relies on the contributions of our generous sponsors. Sponsorship provides your organisation with a unique opportunity to gain positive exposure for your business and display its commitment to vocational education and training in the ACT.
Sponsorship opportunities for the 2020 ACT Training Awards are now open. To explore the range of sponsorship options, please refer to our 2020 ACT Training Awards - Sponsorship Prospectus (Online) or (PDF 4.67MB).
Please email the ACT Training Awards team or telephone (02) 6205 8555 if you have any questions regarding sponsorship.
Being an ambassador
Winners and finalists of the ACT Training Awards are recognised as ambassadors for the ACT vocational education and training (VET) sector and are at times called upon to participate in forums and speak at events.
The Awards are a great opportunity to identify VET students that showcase the range of opportunities and careers available through a VET pathway.
As an ACT Training Awards winner, you may be invited to participate in many activities following the awards, including but not limited to:
- photo and video shoots promoting your achievements
- media opportunities (speaking with local media outlets)
- presenting at stakeholder forums
- judging for your award category in future years
- involvement in professional development days for future winners
- presenting at industry and VET sector events.
Winners from the ACT Training Awards (in eligible categories) will represent the ACT at the Australian Training Awards. Our ambassadors represent the great outcomes Canberra’s VET sector produces and build the reputation of our VET community to both the ACT and the rest of Australia.
By sharing your experiences, advice and knowledge, you can encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to realise how VET can benefit them and potentially change their lives. In addition, you may be able to inspire employers and training providers to review their training methods and continue to make improvements.
You can represent the ACT VET sector as a VET Ambassador in many different ways and all ACT Training Awards finalists and winners have a story worth sharing.